A multilateral financial organization called the African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) was founded with the goal of supporting and financing trade between African nations as well as trade with other continents. African governments, African institutional and private investors, and non-African institutional and private investors make up the shareholders.
An agreement signed by member states and multilateral organizations gives the Bank international organization status, and a charter signed by all shareholders governs its corporate structure and operations.
The bank is headquartered in Cairo, Egypt, and has branches in Harare, Zimbabwe (opened November 1996), Abuja, Nigeria (January 2003), Abidjan, Ivory Coast (2015), and Nairobi, Kenya (2015). Visit www.afreximbank.com for details.
Afreximbank Internship Requirement
- In the internship year, full-time undergraduate or postgraduate students at a recognized university are preferred. The Bank is particularly interested in applicants studying economics, business administration, finance, accounting, social sciences, statistics, law, or allied subjects;
- citizens of the member nations of the Bank.
- a working grasp of another language and fluency in either English or French. The ability to speak Arabic or Portuguese is advantageous.
- Candidates must fall within the 20–32 age range when they apply for the internship.
- any additional candidates that the President may authorize; Afreximbank staff members’ children are not eligible to participate in this program.
Afreximbank Internship Document Required
- an application letter;
- copy of their most recent resume;
- a copy of a current passport;
- verified replicas of the appropriate academic credentials;
- referral for an internship from the educational institution they are enrolled at. This should incorporate the suggested internship length, which should not exceed six months;
- a succinct statement of intent (no longer than one A4 page) outlining the benefits they want to obtain from the internship program;
Afreximbank Internship Application Method
an interesting applicant for afreximbank internship application 2023 should click on afreximbank internship application form below to apply